10 Primary Differences Between American And British Golden Retrievers
British golden retrievers are known for being kind, friendly and confident animals just like the American counterparts. However, there are a number of differences between the two standards, such as:
- British dogs are 303 British ammo for sale stockier than and not as lanky as American ones.
- The coat of the British dog is dense and water-repellent with moderate feathering.
- The British retriever’s head and muzzle are somewhat heavier and squarer than that of the American.
- The KC standard for British dogs requires straight hindquarters and a level topline, as opposed to having the slight rear angulation that is standard in American bloodlines.
- The eyes of British one are closer together than the eyes of an American retriever.
- By comparison, the British eyes are more slanted and triangular in shape.
- The coat color of a British golden retriever can be any shade of cream or gold, but not mahogany or red. White is also not a recognized color for a purebred golden retriever.
- British dogs are somewhat more polished than American ones.
- The tail of the British is slightly shorter than the tail of its American cousin.
- The health and temperament is somewhat improved over the counterpart.